As with everything in the insurance business, becoming an agent involves a bit of paperwork. All these steps must be completed in their entirety before we can start selling.
APPLY FOR YOUR LICENSE
REGISTER FOR PRELICENSING COURSE.
SELECT ENROLL NOW
CHOOSE LIFE & HEALTH OPTION (Life combo isn’t available)
TAKE THE STATE EXAM
After you are enrolled in the course, schedule your exam for 7-10 days out. This will encourage and motivate you go complete the course by setting a deadline.
You need to complete the Life, Accident & Health (LAH). If you pass the simulator exam within the course, you can pass the real test!
The site you use to schedule your test will vary state-by-state. Click the link below to view your state specific requirements.
ILLINOIS PRELICENSING INFO
Illinois is tricky. Do NOT worry, we have you covered.
While Illinois does not accept our voucher, we can offer you a discounted rate of $79. Follow the steps below and please reach out if you have any questions or problems.
Choose “Select Later” when asked to pick a class.
They will choose their “Online” Live IL Class from their homeroom.
Enter correct discount code.
Use Discount Code: Call Shain Pope for discount code.
- $100 off IL Life Only package (Final Price $79)
- $100 off IL Accident & Health Only package (Final Price $79)
- $130 off IL Life, Accident & Health (Final Price $79)
WHEN YOU PASS THE EXAM
- Refer back to the Exam FX site for instruction from the state on how to proceed.
- Most states require fingerprinting before your license is approved.
- Go to your states Insurance Department for fingerprinting information.
- It can take up to 30 days to get state approval, but it is usually sooner.
- If you haven’t heard back within 5 business days, contact them.
They will assist you in obtaining your License & National Producer Number (NPN). The state is very cooperative in assisting.
Please call them with any questions about this process.
Call the person or agency who recruited you immediately after you receive your NPN so you can begin contracting.